Play to the Crowd
Four Dames in Search of a Panto
Following Winchester moving into Tier 4 of the Coronavirus restrictions, we are sorry to announce that our Christmas Show, Four Dames in Search of a Panto, will therefore have to close following the matinee on Christmas Eve.
Ticket holders will be contacted in due course regarding refunds.
Due to the nature of the show, we will not be able to continue with the live streamed performances – however, in due course, we hope to be able to offer an on demand recording of an earlier streamed performance of Four Dames in Search of a Panto.
The creative team behind our hugely successful pantomimes are back to spread some Christmas joy this year with a panto-style show!
Four Dames in Search of a Panto includes all the panto favourites, some familiar faces to Winchester audiences, hilarious gags (plus some very corny ones too!), original songs and lots, lots more - guaranteed to bring Christmas cheer to everyone this year.
If you love panto, then you will love Four Dames in Search of a Panto!
Written and directed by James Barry with original music by Simon Slater
Featuring Winchester panto favourites Julian Eardley, Ed Thorpe, Libby Gore and Tom Attwood
We will be livestreaming a number of these performances. If you would like to watch the performance from the comfort of your own home please visit Four Dames in Search of a Panto (Livestream) for booking information and availability.
COVID-19 Secure Venue
For your safety, we've put numerous measures in place to make the venue COVID-19 Secure. For detailed information visit our coronavirus information page
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Refreshments available to pre-order during ticket purchase.
- Ensure your account contact details are up to date (My Account). If required we may need to share your contact details with NHS Track and Trace.
- Where possible please use e-tickets by selecting print at home delivery method.
- Max. 6 tickets per booking. Attendees should sit in groups of six or less in accordance with the latest government guidelines.
- Seats will be automatically allocated in order to maintain social distancing between groups.
- One household per group. Under Tier 2 restrictions you must not socialise with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble in any indoors setting, whether at home or in a public place. (If you are forming a Christmas bubble, this only allows you to spend time together in private homes, attend places of worship or meet in a public outdoor place. In all other settings you need to follow the local restrictions. Winchester is in Tier 2, so the mixing of households in the theatre is not allowed.)
- We will send you an email before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need ahead of your visit.
See It Safely
We have been See It Safely approved.
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre's See It Safely mark.
The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.
Four Dames in Search of a Panto has been adapted from a script James Barry originally wrote for Proteus Theatre Company. It was commissioned and directed by Mark Helyar and toured from November 2004 to January 2005.