We look forward to welcoming you back to Theatre Royal Winchester.
The team at theatre have been working hard to put in measures to make the venue Covid secure for your safety.
Measures in place include:
- Hand sanitiser stations around the building
- Increased cleaning regime before and after performances
- Windows and doors are opened, whenever possible, to allow fresh air to circulate
- We've made improvements to our air filtration system in the auditorium
- In the auditorium every other row of seats has been removed in the stalls, and every other row of seats won't be sold in the Circle, to allow social distanced seating. There will also be two empty seats on each row between bubbles
- Refreshments are available to pre-order when tickets are purchased
- A one way system is in place throughout the building
- Our team and volunteers will be wearing face coverings
Before you arrive
- When booking please ensure we have your up to date contact details on our system. If required we may need to share your contact details with NHS Track and Trace
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
- We are encouraging audiences to select Print at Home or have their tickets posted to them to minimise contact and queuing on arrival at the theatre
- Attendees should sit in groups of six or less in accordance with the latest government guidelines
- Please keep your belongings to a minimum and with you at all times
- We will send you an email before your visit to ensure you have all the information you need ahead of your visit
On arrival at the theatre
- Hands should be sanitised on entry to the building
- Please scan the NHS Track and Trace QR code on arrival
- Follow the one way system around the building (where appropriate)
- On arrival our ushers will show you to your seat/s. Ticket holders are requested not to linger in the foyer but to take their seats immediately
- Once seated, movement around the building should be kept to a minimum
- Pre-ordered refreshments will be brought to you when you are seated
- Refreshments may be available to purchase from your seat. Payment will need to be made by card.
- All customers aged over 11 should wear face coverings when moving around the auditorium and seated in the auditorium, except when eating or drinking or if you are exempt from wearing one
- Our toilets are open for use during the performance. Please observe social distancing, signage and one way system around the building. Please wash your hands before and after using the toilet facilities
Leaving the theatre
- After the show you will be guided out of the theatre in an orderly way by the theatre's team. Please remain in your seats until you are invited to leave
- As you leave please ensure that you take all your belongings and rubbish with you
- Please observe social distancing as you leave
- The theatre's team will be on hand to provide guidance throughout your visit
What happens if I feel ill?
Please do not attend if you:
- believe you may be infected with Covid-19
- have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self isolation
- have been instructed to self-isolate
If you are unable to attend due to one of the above reasons tickets can be exchanged for an alternative performance date or the ticket monies credited to your customer account for future use, providing you have contacted the Box Office up to 24 hours before the performance.
Any individual who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable, or who is in the same household support bubble as someone who considers themselves to be clinically extremely vulnerable, is advised not to attend.
What if I feel ill after my visit?
We are working with the government to Track and Trace. If you display Covid-19 symptoms you will be required to inform us.
If government guidelines change we will update our guidelines accordingly.
See It Safely
We have been See It Safely approved.
We have been granted the use of Society Of London Theatre & UK Theatre's See It Safely mark.
The mark certifies that we are complying with the latest Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure the safety of our staff and audiences.