Booking Information for School Groups
How to Book Tickets
- Group bookings are made via our Box Office team
– by phone 01962 840 440
– in person Theatre Royal Winchester, Jewry Street, Winchester SO23 8SB
- Box Office opening times are Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm
- The Box Office remains open on show days until 15 mins after performance begins. For performances on Sundays the Box Office will open at least 1 hour before show starts.
- School groups don’t need to pay for tickets straight away. Group bookings are welcome to make an initial reservation via our Box Office team. We are happy to hold reservations for up to 3 working days unless it’s 7 days or fewer before the performance.
- Upon booking confirmation we will then invoice the school directly. Please advise of school’s finance contact when booking.
- Payment to be received four weeks prior to the performance date. If reservations are cancelled or reduced in numbers less than four weeks prior to the performance/event booked, a charge of 50% of the total value will be made.
- Payment is via BACS.
- Our school ticket prices are listed in the brochure and on the website for selected shows. Where no schools price is shown the standard concession price applies.
- We offer one free teacher ticket for every 8 tickets purchased.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- A number of our performances offer Post Show Talks with the company. To enjoy these talks audience members simply remain in the auditorium seats after the show. Post Show Talks are detailed in the brochure and on our website.
- The show running time can be found on our website or via our Box Office.
- Tickets can be sent to the school, after payment has been received, at a cost of £1 or they can be collected from Box Office at any time before the performance starts.
- On arrival school groups will be handed a seating plan of their booked tickets. Our Duty Manager and ushers will assist to ensure a smooth entrance into the auditorium and into the correct seats.
Pre-ordering Drinks, Ice Creams and Pantomime Programmes
- On booking we also offer schools the opportunity to pre-order drinks, ice creams and pantomime programmes at a discounted rate. These additions will be invoiced directly to the school. Pre-ordering not only allows groups to access a discounted price but it will save queuing on arrival.
- The pre-order form will be emailed to the group booker with their ticket reservation details.
- Schools are welcome to bring packed lunches. We can assign an area of the foyer for each group to eat in. Please contact our Operations Director, Simon (E: email@example.com T: 01962 840 440) to arrange ahead of your performance date.
Access Services and Facilities
Please find below details of our Access services and facilities. Please inform our Box Office of any access requirements the group may have when booking.
- Our level access toilet is situated within the stalls bar area.
- Hearing impaired: We have an infra-red hearing enhancement system in the auditorium. Headsets are available free of charge from the Box Office. Headsets cannot be reserved, they are on a first come, first served basis. Please contact the Box Office for further information.
- Wheelchair users: We have a number of wheelchair spaces in the stalls. One ticket can be purchased at 50% discount for an essential companion accompanying a wheelchair user.
We offer a number of Access Performances throughout our programme. Details can be found on our website or in the performance diary at the back of the brochure.
- Relaxed performances: These performances welcome individuals, groups and families with children on the autistic spectrum, sensory and communication disorders, a learning disability or anyone who may be afraid of the dark. Relaxed performances have an informal atmosphere and allow people who may need to move around, make a noise or take a break the chance to see a show without worrying. The auditorium lights will be brighter and adjustments will be made to the show such as the removal of loud noises and bright, flashing lights.
- We can provide a visual story tool to anyone feeling curious or anxious about visiting the theatre. Please let our Box Office know if you would like to receive this.
- Audio Described Performances and Touch Tours for our visually impaired audiences. Audience members can listen to a narrator describing the action on stage between the dialogue via a set of headphones. Touch Tours take place ahead of the Audio Described performances and allow the audience members to visit the set and feel the props to familiarise themselves ahead of the show. Touch Tours take place 1 hour before the performance time.
- BSL Interpreted performances for our deaf and hearing impaired audiences. During these performances a British Sign Language interpreter stands at the side of the stage clearly visible to the audience and interprets the spoken word and sound effects.
How to Get Here
- We are situated in Winchester city centre on Jewry Street. Travelling on the M3 from Southampton take Exit 11, travelling from Basingstoke and London take Exit 9 and follow signs to the city centre.
- Our postcode for Sat-nav users is SO23 8SB.
Coach Drop Off Point
- The coach drop-off point is in front of Winchester Discovery Centre, next to the theatre on Jewry Street. On arrival let our Box Office team know you are here and one of our team will help to escort the group to the theatre, going via Winchester Discovery Centre’s paved square to avoid walking along the road.
- Please note if attending a Schools performance of our pantomime please allow additional travel time to allow for Christmas Shopping traffic.
- First aiders are on duty at every performance. Please contact a member of the Front of House team should anyone in the group require a First Aider.
Please always feel free to give us a call on 01962 840 440.